Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 3


Best day yet.  Very little pain. I'm still taking the perc's, but if push came to shove, I could probably do without them.  I've done a few more quad sets today, more walking, and feel great.  I SLOWLY make my way up the stairs and into the shower. ( I was told not to shower for the first 2 days, then to wrap the leg in some sort of plastic bag going forward)  Afterwards, comes the moment of truth....taking all my gauze off.  I'm not necessarily expecting the worst, but from what I hear, bruising up and down my leg should be no surprise.  Fortunately, my leg looks great.  Little swelling, virtually no bruising. Very clean.  I'll attach a pic I took with my phone.  I took some peroxide, dabbed up and down my leg, replaced the gauze with sterile pads over the incisions, and wrapped myself back up in the ace bandage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment