Sunday, April 5, 2009

Days 4&5

Things are still on the up & up.  I'm off the perc's entirely except for when i go to bed. (Note: After reading other peoples experiences, I'm well aware of the fact that after I really start making progress in PT, I might need more perc's even though I do not need them now.)  Since I have nothing but time, I've become very regimented in rehabbing this knee over the weekend.  I alternate ice & elevation, CPM usage (now up to 80 degrees), and at home PT. 

My PT Protocol basically calls for quad sets, heel slides, and single leg raises (only in my brace, with leg fully extended).  My advice to anyone out there would be to try your hardest to find that happy median of not over-working the knee (this sometimes happens, especially in allograft patients), yet not under-working it.  

I've learned my way around the shower.  I found what works best is wrapping my leg, with the brace on, in a trash bag, placing a bath towel on the bottom of the shower for stability, then sitting on a stool or chair with my legs facing away from the shower head.  It's silly looking, awkward, but for me, it works and keeps my incisions dry.  

That's pretty much it for now. I'm looking forward to Monday as it's day 2 of PT for me.  Also, I'll post more pics in the days to come.  

1 comment: